Facebook Group Guidelines
In order to provide a forum for our members and interested non-members, the Professional Photographers of Michigan maintains two Facebook groups. The PPM - Professional Photographers - members only, is for our events, announcements, and general discussion around professional photography; but is limited to members of PPM only. And the Professional Photographers of Michigan (PPM) , which is open to the general public to help show the benefits of joining a professional organization.
We have a few guidelines to help keep things positive and helpful while remaining within the guiding principles of the PPM:
- Photography events where attendees pay to attend (workshops, seminars, webinars, classes, etc) may not be promoted unless previously approved by the PPM board.
- All discussion should be constructive – while healthy disagreement can occur when discussing photography or industry topics, posts or comments that “flame” or attack another individual will not be tolerated.
- Sharing images for the purpose of constructive critique is welcome (and encouraged) in the Image Competition group.
- Sharing images solely for the purpose of sharing images (without any context, relevant discussion, etc.) is considered off-topic – there are many other Facebook groups for image sharing; our groups are for the discussion and advancement of professional photography or for constructive critique.
- Advertising one’s own business, workshops, or other ventures is not permitted on the PPM groups.
- We do not allow “for sale” type posts from folks who are not current members of PPM (the organization… not just the Facebook group). Current PPM members may post an occasional item for sale, although the focus of this group is not for gear sales.